🎤 Cynic - The Portal Tapes MP3
- Performer: Cynic
- Title: The Portal Tapes
- Genre: Rock
- Country: UK, Europe & US
- Record source: CD, Album, Limited Edition
- Released: 23 Mar 2012
- Style: Alternative Rock, Prog Rock, Heavy Metal
- Label: Season Of Mist
- Cat#: SOM 257
- MP3 album: 1632 mb
- FLAC album: 2199 mb
- Rating: 4.8/5
- Votes: 148
Voice [Prayer, Uncredited] – Sri Daya MataWritten-By [A Prayer By] – Paramahansa Yogananda
|6||Costumed In Grace||4:24|
|7||Road To You||4:24|
|9||Not The Same||4:29|
- Artwork – Robert Venosa
- Bass – Chris Kringel
- Drums – Sean Reinert
- Guitar – Jason Gobel
- Guitar, Vocals – Paul Masvidal
- Lyrics By – Paul Masvidal
- Mastered By [Mastering] – Eric Koondel
- Music By – Portal
- Vocals, Keyboards – Aruna Abrams
- Recorded in 94/95.
- The release states: "These songs were recorded after Cynic's Focus, as pre-production demos for a new project named 'Portal'".
- Originally self-released under their Portal band name as a limited edition fan-only CD sold on the "Re-Traced / Re-Focused Live" July/August 2010 tour.
- Limited edition fan-only pressing, a total of 5000 copies worldwide.
- Under the lyrics for "Cosmos" it reads: "A prayer by Paramahansa Yoganda, taken from a Sri Daya Mata lecture, president of the Self Realization Fellowship".
- Robert Venosa's artwork is titled 'Return To Source'.
© & ℗ MMXII Season of Mist
Under exclusive license from Cynic
- Barcode (As printed): 8 22603 12572 6
- Matrix / Runout: ['Sony DADC' logo] A0101931543-0101 18 A00
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI L558
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 94W7
- Licensed To – Season Of Mist
- Licensed From – Cynic
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Season Of Mist
- Copyright (c) – Season Of Mist
- Pressed By – Sony DADC – A0101931543-0101
The Portal Tapes - Cynic. Лента с персональными рекомендациями и музыкальными новинками, радио, подборки на любой вкус, удобное управление своей коллекцией. The Portal Tapes. Исполнитель: Cynic. 2012 progressive metal. The Portal Tapes by Cynic, released 27 March 2012 1. Endless Endeavors 2. Karma's Plight 3. Circle 4. Costumed In Grace 5. Cosmos 6. Crawl Above 7. Mirror Child 8. Road To You 9. Belong 10. Not the Same. maxwell Reinbachs This album may not be what a lot of the more 'metal' cynic fans are really looking for, but this is a really well written collection of great music by one of the best imo bands around. These songs are diverse, engaging, and absolutely beautiful. The vocals, instrumentation, and production all make for a very unique experience I would recomend to any music lover. Along with everything else Cynic. A re-release of Portal's demo. The artwork was designed by the late Robert Venosa, the artist behind the cover artworks of all Cynic releases. Identifiers: Barcode As printed: 8 22603 12572 6 Matrix, Runout: A0101931543-0101 18 A00 Mastering SID Code: IFPI L558 Mould SID Code: IFPI 94W7. Cynic - The Portal Tapes review: Despite being nearly twenty years old, The Portal Tapes fit perfectly into Cynics current musical direction and should be an enjoyable listen for any modern fan. When Cynic released their debut album, Focus, in 1993 the musical landscape was much different. The experimentation that we all take for granted was not so prominent, and metal, in particular, was not to be diluted by any other genres. This left Cynic and their blend of death metal, prog, jazz and new age in a very tough position. When it came to Focus, the average metal fan was totally lost and even their label didnt know how to promote them. Album 2012 10 Songs. More By Cynic. Kindly Bent to Free Us. Traced in Air. Band Name Cynic USA. Album Name The Portal's Tapes. Type Compilation. Released date 23 March 2012. Labels Season Of Mist. Music StyleProgressive Death. Members owning this album14. Re-issue of Portal USA's demo from 1995. Limited to 5000 digipak copies and 1000 vinyl copies. Endless Endeavors. Karma's Plight. Listen free to Cynic The Portal Tapes Endless Endeavors, Karma's Plight and more. 10 tracks 45:19. The Portal Tapes is an official release, under the CYNIC banner, of songs that Paul Masvidal and Sean Reinert worked on as a side project with then-current CYNIC guitarist Jason Gobel, bassist Cris Kringel and keyboardistvocalist Aruna Abrams in 1995, under the name PORTAL. Elements of Portals sound are immediately familiar to any Cynic fan. Reinerts signature drumming style, the jazzy chord phrasing and fretless bass are all present. Essential: a masterpiece of progressive rock music17. The Portal Tapes is a full-length studio album by US progressive metal act Cynic. The album was released through Season of Mist in March 2012. It's not really a Cynic album though and it was probably only released under the Cynic monicker to capitalize on the wave of success that Cynic were riding after their comeback in 2006. The material featured on The Portal Tapes were originally recorded under the Portal monicker after Cynic disbanded in 1994. Released: Mar 2012. Recorded by Cynic members under the guise of side project Portal circa 1994 - when Cynic's ambitiously intricate Miami death-metal was self-destructing - this release of The Portal Tapes 18 years later comes on the heels of the band's 2011 Carbon-Based Anatomy, which sounds cut from the same cloth